This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Coronavirus (covid-19) Updated 2.7.2020

The Front Doors at both the Cam Surgery and Uley Surgery are now locked. All appointments are now phone appointments and patients are screened.

If you DO have an appointment, this will be at the CAM surgery and you will need to follow this procedure:

*On arrival at the surgery please use the intercom to the left of the main entrance doors.

*When the intercom is answered speak to the staff member who will advise the clinician you have arrived.

* Please then step back behind the yellow line to allow others to use the intercom and enter & exit the building.

*The clinician will greet you at the door wearing their full PPE.

*You will be asked to wash your hands and wear a mask for the appointment.

We have implemented these procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.

To book a telephone appointment or speak to reception please call 01453 540066 or 01453 860459 and choose option 1.

Please DO NOT  come to the surgery with a query, to ask advice or to make an appointment as you will not be allowed to enter and we cannot deal with queries through the intercom system.

All Appointments are by TELEPHONE and VIDEO CONSULTATION and TELEPHONE TRIAGE ONLY basis until further notice.


For ordering your Repeat Medication, Please call the dedicated Prescription

Ordering Line on: 0300 421 1215.


Make sure you have nominated a pharmacy for your Electronic Prescriptions.

See Latest news for more detail



At Cam and Uley Family Practice, Our aim is to provide the highest level of care for all our patients. We are always willing to hear if there is any way that you think that we can improve the service we provide.

Making a complaint:

We trust that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so in writing as soon as possible after the event, giving as much detail as possible to help us establish what happened.

A complaint must be made within 6 months of the date of the occurrence leading to complaint or within 12 months if there are valid reasons for the delay.

Formal complaints should be made in writing and addressed to :

The Practice Manager

Cam and Uley Family Practice                                                                                                                 Fairmead                                                                                                                                                Cam                                                                                                                                                    Glos

GL11 5NE


What we do next:

Our procedure is designed so that we may settle any complaints as quickly as possible.

We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within 3 working days and a full response given within 10 working days. If the matter is likely to take longer then we will keep you informed as to the progress.

When looking at a acomplaint we shall aim to:

• Find out what happened and why.

• Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you wish to do so.

• Make sure you receive an apology, if appropriate.

• Amend protocols if necessary to ensure the problem doesn't happen again.

At the end of the investigation a full written response will be sent to you.

Complaining on behalf of someone else:

Please note that we adhere to the strict the rules of medical confidentiality. If you wish to complain on behalf of someone else, we require written consent from the patient concerned that they are unhappy with their treatment and someone else can deal with the comlpaint.

Please ask at reception for a Third Party Complaint Form, which the patient can sign or click below.

Third Party Complaint Form

Where a patient is incapable of providing consent due to illness,accident or mental capacity, it may still be possible to deal with the complaint. Please provide the precise details of the circumstances that prevent this in your letter.

Please note that we are unable to discuss any issue relating to someone else without their express prmission, which must be made in writing, unless the above circumstances apply. You may also find that if you are complaining on behalf of a child who is capable of making their own complaint, we expect that child to contact us themselves.

 What you can do next:

We trust that if you have a problem, you will use our Cam and Uley Complaints Procedure.

Please click below for a copy

CUFP Complaints Procedure Leaflet

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome:

You have the right to approach the Parliamentary & health Service Ombudsman. Their contact details  are:


30 Millbank

London SW1P 4QP

Tel: 03450154033

You could also approach:

Healthwatch -

PALS- Patient Advice and Liasion Service -

IHCA - Independant Health Complaints Advocacy -

NHS England - email -



Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website